Family activities on the Norfolk Broads
Here are a few of our favourite places on the Norfolk Broads to visit with a family.
1. The Pleasure Boat Inn, waterside pub - large outside garden with seating.
2. Norfolk Out Door Adventures, stand-up-paddle boards and Kayaks for hire
3. Hickling Water Trail - Explore private parts of the broads on a
traditional reed-harvester, learn lots about the area and see amazing
wildlife, we saw Cranes, Bearded Tits, Chinese water deer, 4 different
types of geese and loads of wading birds
1. Horsey Wind Pump, which is owned by the National Trust is open to the public, and is where you can learn about the work life
of the pump master.
2. Walk to Horsey beach where there are often seals.
3. We recommend the quirky Nelson pub (a 20 minute walk from the moorings, but well worth it).
1. Shops to purchase everything that you may have forgotten
e.g. games and toys for the children.
2. Tea rooms
3. Delicious Fish & chips
4. Mr Whippy ice creams!
5. Shoot under the 350 year old bridge.
Pubs, restaurants, small shops and a lovely deli.
Bewilderwood, which is a 15 minute walk from the moorings, it’s an outdoor forest filled with fun and adventures, there are wobbly wires, tree houses, slippery slops and storytelling.
Tip - When looking for a mooring go as far as the yacht club and moor on the right hand side with the yacht club to your left.
St Benets Abbey:
Visit the once thriving 1000 year old monastery which is now owned by the archaeological trust
Wander around the ancient ruins and take a picnic.
Pub and small shop
Nature reserve is a floating wildlife centre reached by a broad walk which children love to run around and explore
Church tower with 89 steps leading to panoramic views.
Explore the woods
Canoes for hire.
A ten minute walk to The Fur & Feather Pub at Woodbastwick (15 minutes walk).
Salhouse village has lovely tea rooms and shop to buy food and veg.
There are 120 navigable miles of rivers and lakes to explore by boat on the broads, they are wonderful for seeing wildlife and fishing.
On our boats we provide a map, tourist guide and leaflets.